Tuesday, September 16, 2008

And the Two Shall Be One

This past Saturday, my oldest son became a husband. My new daughter-in-law is the sweetest, kindest person and I love her to death. She is truly amazing. I know she loves my son. It's obvious in all the things she wants for him. And I know he loves her, too. I can see it when he looks at her.

It makes me happy and sad all at once. I got to read the Ephesians 5:22-33 scripture. I'm really surprised they chose it for a reading, but the pastor did an amazing job in explaining it without it being derogatory to women. The entire ceremony was wonderful and the reception went well. She was glowing, he was happy.

Leading up to it wasn't the best of times. There were some tense moments. There were some poignant moments. My heart nearly broke when she came to me during the Bridesmaids Luncheon Spa Party and asked if I could be her Mom. I told her "Tomorrow I will be!" Now to add pictures!

This is S coming down the aisle with her dad. Isn't she beautiful???



















Here S and R have lit the unity candle. And below they are at the reception.

No comments: