Sunday, August 31, 2008

Happy Birthday, B!

Today B is 14. It's hard to believe my baby is that old. I remember when he was born and what a horrible time he had. Every two hours they were sticking him in his little foot to check his blood. I was released from hospital after four days, but they wanted to keep him there. We went to the pediatric wing and I was going to stay in his room. That was about 4 in the afternoon. After watching them stick him twice more I said enough! I was checking him out against doctor's orders and we were going home! The nurse told me I couldn't and I said Watch me. He was much better after I got him home. He was tired of being stuck, that's for sure. Poor little thing. When he was born, he had this head full of little ringlet curls. Just covered. Until 7th grade he had straight hair. Then he decided to let it grow out and it's so wavy and thick and gorgeous. If it dries flat, like when he's sleeping, it's so curly it's like it zigzags. Only round zigzags. If he puts it in a ponytail, I can't get the tie around it three times it's so thick. If he ever reads this: I love you, B! You are so smart and so funny! I wish you lots of happy times, not too many sad times, lots of great, close friends, people you can love that love you back, music, gaming, laughter, and one really great lottery win. (Well, money is a good thing, too, right?)

No comments: