Tuesday, August 26, 2008

If It Ain't One Thing...

Blue for S today. She just called to tell me she has some clinic that is mandatory from 8-12 on her wedding day. If she misses it, she's used up half of her absences. Her instructor is going to try to get her to be able to go to work with her, but she will still be counted absent. It so sucks for them. Maybe, I'm just saying maybe, they shouldn't have planned to get married on a 13th. I'm just saying. Oh, well, I'll call C and see if we can arrange a Plan B, as S called it, so she can get her hair and makeup done later on The Day. We'll work it out. It's all good.

Mom went to ER again today. She has been having trouble standing up and being steady. The first thing they found was a bladder infection. Then they started talking about her meds. The pills she takes for her restless legs will be stopped. And there is too much of one of her heart meds in her system, so they are going to have to wean her off that - she'll have a seizure if they stop her cold turkey. Aside from that? She's in good health. CAT Scan all normal, EKG, Chest x-ray, everything normal.

I only have two days left of my "temporary two week" summer job. I think I've been there all summer. I really enjoyed working there! I'm going to miss everyone. They've been interviewing people for the job. I asked if there was anyone good and R hesitated and said "Um, there have been ones that are okay." Not a good sign. Today it took one 25 minutes to fill out the application.

No comments: